Em’s DayBook – Vol. 25
SEPTEMBER 1, 2014
“It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes.”
— St. Thomas Aquinas
Happy Labor Day Folks. If you don’t know the History of Labor Day in America, check HERE!
Today, my guys worked on the lawn while I made breakfast. Then I peeled potatoes and boiled eggs for potato salad, finished up laundry and did other Monday chores. Well, what do you expect? It’s Labor Day! HA
Today I’m Linking Up With…
- A Mama Collectives – Currently
It’s Labor Day, so rightly folks are on a break.
Things I’m Thankful For…
- My husband. He’s my bestie. I wish he didn’t travel so much, but I know how blessed we are he has a job.
- My enchanting child. Man I love that boy.
- My grand-babies.
- Friends – love & new.
- Fresh Produce. We are blessed to live in an area where produce is abundant!
- My Faith. Honestly without it – I can not imagine my life.
Things We’re Up To…
- Organizing Classroom.
- Going to see friends this week.
- First Friday Mass & Playdate
- 10 September Activities for Catholic Families
Things A Wife Does (Marriage Monday)…
I want to say – my personal opinion on short hair is, that if you wear it and love it and you “keep it feminine” then – GO FOR IT! I have friends who are recovering from cancer and/or are in the throws of chemo and other illnesses. I will not ever purport that short hair = unfeminine. I just want to make that clear. Because I love you no matter how long your hair is and I’m quite sure Our Lord does too.
Elizabeth doesn’t have a post today. But I think it’s great. It’s Labor Day… I’m just knocking this out because I haven’t been a motivated poster of late. I want to check in here and there.
I just want to say Marriage is not easy. It just isn’t. Yes, there are lots of great days, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. You have to make time for yourselves as individuals and couples… and only then can you be the best spouse/parent you can be.
Just remember – no one is perfect and if anyone says their marriage is perfect – RUN. Because those are people who need the most help. HA Trust me! None of us needs that kind of project. Best to pray for God’s intervention for their marriage.
In My Kitchen…
We made a few loaves of bread last week. We also got 25 lbs of Hatch Chili Peppers that are all roasted & in freezer bags. The first two pictures below are the Hatch Chili Peppers. They only grow in Hatch, NM.
This is the rest of the stuff we got. Grapes, plums, pears, apples, bananas, prickly pears, carrots and much more.
We are going to dehydrate some of it too. I’m excited as we haven’t used the dehydrator yet.
Books I’m Reading…
As always I read my Magnificat and my Catholic Women’s Bible. Additionally…
- Momnipotent (Check out the Momnipotent Book Club @Catholicmom.com)
- A Year of Grace & Magnificat (Daily).
- Saints On Call (As needed).
- Ginny’s Gems (re-read). Just a great reminder before the new Homeschool year starts.
Things I’m Learning…
I’m discerning the Veiling Posts. I feel like when I started the weekly series on my blog in February it was a new thing. But now, it feels like veiling is everywhere on the web. Recently another person in the veiling group started veil posts on their blog with “interviews” of the women who veil. I just feel like maybe it is someone else’s turn to host them. I don’t know. I guess if you see the posts start up again, you will know they are back.
Things I’m Praying For…
- Our World.
- Success of the Homeschool Mass that our Bishop is presiding over.
- Safety for my husband as he travels.
- Health & Finances of our family.
- For Stick-to-it-ive-ness!
I found these two pictures and really thought they were good. The first one funny, the second one is totally me. I get self-conscious because I am so emotional sometimes. But in the end, I can’t help who I am.
I hope and pray you all have a great week.
Love, Hugs & Blessings,